Friday, October 12, 2012

October 11-12, 2012

AFTER SPENDING AN HOUR getting across the Mississippi at St. Louis and after spending last night in Collinsville, we decided to drive all the way home today. We did manage to stop in Homewood for a pizza at Aurelio's. We have driven the equivalent of more than 1/4 of the circumference of the globe, and we decided the Durango should spend some time in the pasture.

To paraphrase Huck Finn's comment about Twain's novel The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, I mostly told the truth in my posts, but there were some stretchers in there too. Because of a variety of problems with the blog I was using, I almost stopped posting a month ago. However, a friend from Streator, Illinois who creates and designs websites came to the rescue. http://hardscrabblehome.com  She moved the entire contents of the blog to a much more user friendly blog. Thanks again Stephanie.

Carole didn't want to come home, but I promised her that we would take another western trip next year.

2 comments:

  1. You are more than welcome! I did it for selfish reasons, I enjoyed reading about your travels and didn't want to see it end because of a program glitch.

    Now you two get busy planning the next trip and accompanying blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bruce and Carole: I really enjoyed reading about your adventures and those past in you Callie's Christmas letter. I am sorry Callie is not longer with us, but glad to see that you are pressing on. Hope you don't mind if Ruth and I imitate you in our retirement. You are really doing it right. All the best and keep on discovering. Mike and Ruth Richardson

    ReplyDelete